Salads are like blank canvases. You can put just about anything in the bowl and make something beautiful. I have five ingredients that I like to add to my salads to take them to the next level. I don't always put all five in the salad together, but I like to have at least one in each salad I eat. Bonus: Each item has some great nutritional value!
- Boiled Eggs: keep your eyes healthy and make your bones strong.
- Shrimp: low in calories, but rich in protein and nutrients.
- Avocado: high in fiber and can lower cholesterol.
- Chickpeas: good source of protein for those who don't eat meat.
- Corn: rich in vitamins that help with cognitive functions and nerve health.
Tell us what you put in your salads!